Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The Final Stretch...

Well.. I'm in the middle of my first night in a series of 5 before my return back to the lowermainland!

I can't wait to head home and not have to worry about the possibilities of "losing the trip" or having to rush back to the airport at any moment due to client preferences.

A nice slot of 5 days to spend however I chose back home. Ahhhh... should be great. Lets just hope the weather cooperates. I'm now trying to contemplate what jacket(s) to bring home. Will it be warm/wet/sunny!? I haven't had to deal with rain in Calgary in months!

An update on how life in Calgary has been affected as the result of my roommate losing his job with my employer. It appears this was a blessing in disguise. All things considered, everyone is much happier. There is essentially no talk of work at home and my roommate has decided to go to work the pipelines with another buddy of ours for a few months to make some good money. These jobs pay so well based on the fact that they're in the middle of nowhere usually and the job isn't very prestigious and sometimes downright dangerous. You can easily make a sizable yearly income in a 1/4 of the time as someone working a full year!

So things aren't half bad. There aren't any hard feelings or disgruntled people, so all in all, it was probably a good thing this happened now rather than being dragged on any further.

If things stay on track I should be seeing my movement up the company ladder within a couple of weeks after they hire someone else to take over for my night shifts. That will leave me to just work daytime weekend shifts and allows for me to be available all week to fly. It'll be something else to be on a normal sleep schedule again. Can't wait.

Anyways. What I'm still most excited about is my return home. Which is only 5 days away!

No comments: