A lot has happened today that will affect my immediate and long term future here in Calgary.
First off, without getting into details, 2 people were fired today and another was demoted. 1 of the ppl to get fired was my roommate. The guy that is letting me stay in his house. The same guy that got me this job in the first place. It wasn't a total shock that it was coming, and he was aware, but still, not a good day.
This now posses a new problem with me and my other roommate who also works for this company. From the sounds of things we are still going to be able to live at his house, and hopefully he'll stay in Calgary. Because he's got this great house, the basement will finally be finished in a week or so (carpet guys will come and install shortly), we all enjoy each others company and the rent is very affordable.
The company however isn't too pleased that me and my other roommate live there. They feel that it could be very awkward living conditions. But hopefully things will be ok and the company will feel ok about it. Because it will be very traumatic if we have to move out.
Time will tell here in the near future.
Although all this horribleness had happened today, it does provide a little glimmer (as unfortunate the circumstances may be). Everyone is moving up a little in the company. I'll probably be seeing the end of the night shifts in the near future as I transition to weekends. Which means I'll have more days available to fly. It also means that I'll be next to go full time flying, which could be any time.
So some really crappy stuff happened, but I think everyone will benefit, even my roommate that was let go. I think it was time for him to move on and be happier somewhere else. Hopefully that is still in Calgary.
And just a reminder, I'm enroute home shortly! Make sure the weather is good for my return and be prepared to have some fun while I'm home! I'll need to take my mind off of everything that's been going on.
Wednesday, January 19, 2005
Black Tuesday
Posted by
Matt
at
2:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment