Yup... it was just supposed to be a flight to Victoria to pick up some clients, but we had some other clients that wanted to go to Vancouver. Because time was tight to pick up our other passengers in Victoria we really had to hustle on the ground in Vancouver. Essentially booting our clients out the door and racing back to the plane and then SCREAMING across to Victoria. Weather was good so I got to hand fly the entire flight. (Normally we use a lot of autopilot because there is a lot of stuff to do in the cockpit on a flight, but because the weather was good and it was going to be a pretty easy flight, I just flew the whole damn thing) It was great, almost as if I was flying my old traffic watch plane... only going about 2.5 times faster. We made it to Victoria in 13mins flat. Screw the ferry!
Once on the ground I had to quickly clean up the plane for the new passengers and just as I had finished they showed up, couldn't have been any more perfect timing. They were early, but it all worked out. Then we came screaming back to Calgary: where it is snowy and dropping down to -23 tonight!! And it's going to be doing something similar again tomorrow night. Brrrrrrr....
Well, hopefully the next time we go to Vancouver we'll have a bit more time on the ground if not a layover.
I'm back in the office tomorrow night for 4 nights of fun! Looks like I've got some flights next week already too. Humboldt Saskatchewan, man.. I'm getting all the places I've never heard of!
Monday, December 06, 2004
I was home!! for.. err... 8mins
Posted by
Matt
at
12:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment