Well, May long weekend has brought all sorts of weather here to Calgary. We've seen bits of everything. Seems about right, first long weekend during actual spring time in Calgary and weather goes to shit.
Oh well. It didn't stop my roommates and I from going out during some of the dry times to crank up the mini bike. You may recall from last year having some fun on this miniature sport bike. It is just way too much fun, and I'm sure we've pissed off all the neighbours, but you can see that they can't help but laugh. My cheeks are sore just from that very simple fact, that you can't help but laugh.
Here are a couple pics from the weekend fun. I feel more confident on this thing than from last year, frequently taking it up to it's top speed of 45 km/hr - which is damn fast when you're only a couple inches off the ground!
Let the mayhem begin
Full speed coming up the hill by our house
My roommate Jeff taking his first turn on the bike, he opted for some protective hockey goalie headgear :)
2 comments:
That thing looks so fun and dangerous at the same time! What's the min turning radius on that thing at the full 45km/h without crashing?
It is exactly what you say, fun and dangerous. At max speed I wouldn't want to go more than a few degrees either side of straight ahead! It's a bitch to turn because it's so awkward, even at half speeds you need a pretty good berth, i went half speed into a street lane and used every inch of the lane to make the turn. Good thing no cars! In a large parking lot I did get going pretty fast in circles, leaning the bike over a bit like a real sport bike, and radius was probably a solid 15 ft.
Post a Comment