As most of you know I'm still an avid Canucks fan, so don't get the wrong impression that I'm starting a blog with the title of "Flames".
I was waiting to go on a flight a couple of days ago and standing in the passenger lounge of our executive terminal when all of these guys in suits and some with toques and hats on kept walking through. I looked outside and saw a chartered Air Canada airbus parked outside and they were all walking up and boarding. It took a little while but we finally figured out that it was the entire Calgary Flames team getting ready to head up to Edmonton for the game they played there last night.
I only recognized one player and he was the last to board - Jerome Iginla. Pretty recognizable. Other people in the lobby where talking to them as they walked past, "good luck guys" and one guy shouted out "hey Jerome!" to which he did say "hey" back.
Too bad it wasn't the 'nucks!
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
Flames
Posted by
Matt
at
7:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Iginla scored two goals that night to win against Edmonton
Canucks have yet to beat both Edm and Cgy... and lost to ST LOUIS???? St Louis was on a 9 game losing streak! (Last prior win, against the canucks!!)
So Matt gets to spot famous ppl AGAIN (He did before with ppl filming at boundary bay airport.) The top of my list is Gillian Anderson (Paul Kariya dn count. I stalked him...) and I know Ma's is Brad Pitt and George Clooney... anyone else?
I got to meet the entire Team Canada Hockey players when the came into Kelowna for training camp in the summer. Pretty crazy to walk onto an airplane and see all the top canadian hockey players in the world all together, and gretzky was there as well.
awwwwww I'm so jealous!!! That is awesome! Did you get autographs??
I wanted to get autographs but I just didnt feel right walking down the aisle from seat to seat asking for them....oh well theres always next time.....
Post a Comment