Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Back from out East

What a trip... I did quite a bit of flying and not a whole lot of sleeping.

Once we got the plane there (5hrs and 12mins of flying) I called the office to find out what was on the books for me. I was supposed to do that Phili trip but things were totally chaotic and the whole reason we positioned the aircraft to Toronto was just cancelled and it didn't need to have made the trip. Wow.. what a piss off.

Well, now I was there so they slotted me in to do a trip the next day which was to leave Kitchner, ON (our main eastern base) at 5:35am! So I had to catch a ride with one of our maintenance guys that happened to be out at the Toronto airport and he drove me to Kitchner which was a good 45min drive. Once there I pretty much crashed at the hotel room 'cause I hadn't slept much the night before. I awoke after about 4hrs of sleep and couldn't get any more sleep before it was time to get up and get ready for that stupid early flight out of Kitchner. I took a cab to the airport and saw our eastern base facilites. Pretty cool. So we left for Ottawa to pick up some business folks and took them to the downtown city center airport in Toronto. Pretty cool, it's on a little island right next to downtown. We stayed in a hotel for the afternoon in downtown and then flew them back to Ottawa in the late afternoon. Then it was back to Kitchner for the night.

Once back at the hotel room again I get my finalized plans for the next day. One of our jet pilots was also landing in Kitchner and needed to get back out to Alberta so he and I had flights booked on Westjet at the same time (I was going to Calgary and he was going to Edmonton). At 7:15am out of Toronto, so at freaking 4am we were on the road out of Kitchner to make the flight.. crazy. I tried sleeping on the Westjet flight but only got a couple of mininaps in. Back in Calgary it was super warm. It ended up being 20 degrees here in the afternoon. These chinook winds are great sometimes.. talk about a mild couple of days.. we should be at -5 easy by now! And there's no snow around here either, which is totally odd too.

Oh well, not my problem, I'm loving it! Now I'm on days off getting ready to head off to Marco Island, Florida. I will be leaving on Saturday morning and will stay until the following Saturday afternoon. Woo hoo! My second 8 day trip in a matter of a month! And it's another beautiful location. I'll likely spend a few more dollars down there, being that it's not an all inclusive like Mexico, but I think I can afford to spend a little bit of money down there!

No comments: