Friday, September 07, 2007

Currently in the 'Windy City"

I'm writing this post from my hotel room (Marriott) in Chicago, IL. I have visited here before a couple years ago and was excited to return. However, due to the stormy weather we've had here we were unable to make the trek downtown. Which kind of sucks, I would have loved to walk around again and explore the sites.

So instead we've just been hanging out around the hotel and the few places around here close by the Midway Airport. The airport is just south of the city, and also very near by the very very busy airport O'Hare. That's not to say this airport isn't busy, it is certainly a handful flying around these parts, the airspace is very congested. Southwest Airlines also uses Midway as one of their hub airports, and I'd venture a guess to say that at least one Southwest airplane lands or takes off every minute here!

One thing I did get to experience this time was authentic Chicago Deep Dish Pizza! Best pizza I've ever had in my life. It is huge, and incredibly filling. I forced half of my small pizza down last night and nearly died. The other half is here in the hotel room, I'll have some more tomorrow before the flight out and likely another piece at home when I arrive back in Calgary tomorrow night.

I continue to fight with my laptop and it's power issues. It looks like I'll be able to get it in for repairs next week at a shop in Calgary that was recommended to me. I can't wait for this issue to get resolved, because it's very very frustrating jiggling the power cord to find the perfect position that will get it charging. 1 day in the shop hopefully cures all that!

No comments: