
After taking quite some time to make it's way out west of Ontario, Alexander Keith's Red Amber Ale has hit Alberta. I had heard of this elusive and rare brew (rare to west coast folk at least) some time ago and it always peaked my interest how it would differ from one of my current favorites, the original Keith's Ale.
So during my current set of days off, which nicely fell over the long weekend, I picked up a case from the local booze store. First sip, I couldn't even tell the difference between original Keith's and the new Red Amber. Perhaps this was because I was expecting something hugely different, that's just not the case. The second sip, there it was, a nice hint of a smoother Keith's. A faint hint of the "red" you might be more familiar with from say the more potent Rickard's Red.
Long story short. I like it. I will now purchase the Amber Ale over the normal Keith's as a new beer of choice. I still enjoy original Keith's, but a little smoother and a little more fragrant, the Amber Ale rates highly with me and will certainly be the quick response when asked next time at the pub, "what can I get you to drink?"
Sunday, September 02, 2007
Beer Review: Alexander Keith's Red Amber Ale
Posted by
Matt
at
9:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment