Well I haven't really been playing much poker over the past few months. My online account has more or less been left stationary. Prior to taking my latest break I recall I streak where I slowly hemorrhaged about $100. In the grand scheme of things, that is not too much when compared to my bankroll but it irked me nonetheless.
I've decided to go back to a similar system that I had last year, which was just systematically winning a set amount per day based on pure heads up tourneys. This worked well for me when I was not working much, and it added nearly $500 to my poker account.
I'm taking part in a slight variation of this now, and have already boosted back up by $130. My simple plan is just grinding it out. I play a $5.00 heads up tourney until I have won outright at am up at least that much (the 5 bucks). Once I'm at that point I switch to a $10.00 heads up game and if I win it, that session is over, if I lose it, it's back to the $5.00 game until I'm back up another $5 and can then attack the $10 game. Essentially this is repeated until I'm up approximately $15 for the session. Average session time so far has been 12-15 mins. So not too bad for just grinding it out. My wins heavily outweigh my loses and I seem to be able to really read these cheap games, as most people are complete idiots willing to throw $5 away. Another rule I have is to not play the same person more than once, no matter how easy of a beat they were, or how shitty/lucky of a player they were to beat me.
So the whole process is just about control, and the grind will, and has, paid off. I'm also not limiting myself to one session per day, but rather as many as I feel comfortable with. But not back to back, So I'll plan to play 2 per day, upwards of 4 if I feel I'm capable.
If I can grind this out for a couple of months, I might be able to justify adding some more performance parts to my car this summer during my holidays. I'd drive back to Vancouver to have the work done by Rocket Rally (not just all rally but other performance parts too)out in Squamish. These guys know what they're doing, as they are the old disbanded Canadian Subaru Rally Championship Team after Subaru decided that they no longer needed to compete because they kept winning everything :)
Sunday, April 01, 2007
Poker Update
Posted by
Matt
at
3:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment