Monday, January 01, 2007

My WRX... finally all mine

No longer does the bank own anymore of my car. On December 29th my final payment came out of my bank account, and I now fully own my WRX. I'm pretty happy, as this does free up a good chunk of change each month. A great way to start out the new year.

It seems like just yesterday that I went to pick it up from the Subaru dealership in North Vancouver. That morning I had actually been flying the traffic watch airplane and made a few orbits over the dealership to see if I could see my car in the lot, and I did!

Here's a shot I took of the car in the summer with the city of Calgary in the background. I tried to get fancy and walked into the picture while it was being exposed.


I've had the car since April 29th 2003, and have made it my own with various modifications. Here's a list:

17" Superleggera OZ Rims with Kuhmo 712 rubber
STi foglamp covers
STi front corner splitters
Painted sideskirts
Front tower strut bar
Rear tower strut bar
Prodrive Ovaltip axleback muffler
Kartboy short-throw shifter with bushings
Silencer snorkus removal
Greddy Boost gauge
Alpine MP3 Deck
Clarion 12" Sub and amp
Hellahorns wired with stock horns
Rocket Rally ECU reflash (Increasing HP to ~275)

Had I not done all those modifications I could have paid off the car early, but I have built the car to exactly what I wanted it to be and it is my pride and joy. My expensive, ever depreciating, pride and joy.

2 comments:

Paladiamors said...

Well all you have to do is become a famous pilot and then that car will turn into a collector's item and then that car (and everything else you buy) will be worth the investment :)

Matt said...

Haha, any suggestions on how to achieve said accomplishment?