Earlier I had blogged on my hour accumulations for the 2006 year in my post titled "How much does a corporate pilot work". By just using some simple conversions and averages it would appear that the distance I traveled last year was as follows:
Turboprop Aircraft - 81,302 nautical miles
Jet Aircraft - 68,309 nautical miles ~Actually 83,830 nm
Totaling - 149,611 nautical miles ~Actually 165,132 nm
For a grand total of 276,780 kilometers ~Actually 305,494 kms
That is just shy of traveling around the world 7 times! This does not include any flights I may have done on commercial flights, but only the actually flights that I logged as a crew member. This was also a relatively slow year for flying at only 480 hours in the airplane, so it could be much much more. It will be interesting to see how this compares next year.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Distance travelled in 2006
Posted by
Matt
at
1:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The earth to moon distance is 385,000 kilometers!
Post a Comment