
Those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, obviously don't watch Seinfeld. December 23rd is the recognized day of Festivus, which according to the show Seinfeld was Frank Costanza's own self made holiday.
Some notes about this holiday: An aluminium pole instead of an xmas tree, the "airing of grievances" and "the feats of strength".
Seinfeld has such a cult following that there are many people now that follow this holiday religiously. You can even find places on the internet that are dedicated to the holiday! Other places that even manufacture and sell the aluminum poles.
But one interesting fact that I didn't know, was that this made up holiday, was in fact created by the father of one of the writers for Seinfeld back in 1966! Everything was maintained for the airing on the show except in reality there was never a pole. But an interesting fact nonetheless, and one that I thought I'd share as I haven't met anyone else that knew it either.
"A Festivus for the rest of us!" - Frank Costanza
Saturday, December 23, 2006
Happy Festivus!
Posted by
Matt
at
7:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment