Thursday, September 21, 2006

My week in Edmonton is done

Thankfully. And now it's on to days off.

Edmonton wasn't too bad. During my stay I traveled out to the west coast to Campbell River a couple of times, over to Winnipeg, Vancouver, Portland and North Bend. So a little bit of a mix. I've now completed just about 30 hrs of flying in the jet and things are going well. I'm adjusting well to the change of aircraft performance. Just imagine driving a scooter all your life (not poking at Justin!) and then all of a sudden you're in a sports car with 500hp. It's that type of difference in performance. And by no means was my previous aircraft a slacker of a machine, it was a workhorse and a great machine to fly. But not much can compare to the jet setting world, when just yesterday I was doing 920km/hr going from Vancouver to Portland. And then a couple of hours later I was watching the twilight on one horizon and total darkness on the other from an altitude of 41,000 ft. I'm liking the upgrade to say the least. :)

Tomorrow is day one of four days off, and I'll be using the time to run errands and to replenish the fridge, as I have nothing to eat here!

1 comment:

Paladiamors said...

Hahaha, "not poking fun at me" eh?

I work with what I've got and the scooter gets me around pretty nicely.

One day I'll upgrade to a "jet" of a motorbike, but probably not while I am in Japan (or unless I do end up staying here extra long)!

Glad you enjoy the jet man, you're doing what few people in the world could ever do.