Well.. after vacation and days off I check my schedule only to see that I am scheduled on the turboprop and not the jet! We're really busy right now and barely have enough crew members to handle the flights. So I have been put back on the pilatus to help cover the insanity.
And insanity it was! My one day trip turned into a 4 day trip with layovers. I ended up actually visiting all new airports on each of my days. Something that hasn't happened too often in the past! Adding to the destination tracker is Golden, BC; 108 Mile Ranch, BC; Ponoka, AB; Denver, CO; Eagle, CO and Sandspit, BC. So I have traveled quite the distance in the past few days.
It has all been a bit of a gongshow.. but the biggest was when we went to Denver on Saturday night to hold for a trip back to Calgary the next day. Well, we were waiting for the passengers when we get a phone call from the office saying that our clients were actually in Eagle Colorado instead!!!! About a 45min flight away and in some of the most challenging terrain around Colorado, it's a big resort location and requires a lot of preparation to get in and out of the airport. We actually botched the approach in and got too high and fast on our final approach and had to pull up before landing and do a circle around the airport to bleed off the speed and set our selves up properly for landing. Pretty much everyone, including our clients, saw this and all had something to say... whoops :) From the ground it probably looked like we were doing a high speed pass and showboating.. but it totally wasn't! But at the same time.. it was pretty cool.. ;)
On another note... I FINALLY have a jet flight booked for Friday. My inaugural flight will be to Prince Rupert! Haha, not so glamorous, but I'll take it! Can't wait!
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Marathon flying, but not on the jet
Posted by
Matt
at
12:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment