Tomorrow I head off on my American Airlines flight direct to Dallas Texas. I'll be spending the next 20 days there "on course" for the Cessna Citation Excel business jet.
I'll be attending a facility called Simuflite where they provide ground school and simulator training for the jet. At the end of it all, we meet with a Transport Canada flight examiner (who gets flown out from somewhere in Canada) to give us our flight test. If all things go well, I shall return to Calgary on July 29th a fully licensed jet pilot.
I'm currently in the process of packing up my bags for such an extended stay. I'll be staying in the Embassy Suites, so I'll have some breathing room and won't be too cramped in a little hotel room. I'm also a big fan of their full service free breakfast in the morning and then complimentary drinks and snacks at night. :)
So thankfully I'll be spending most of my time indoors while down in Dallas as they are calling for some rather warm temperatures for my entire stay. Somewhere in the vicinity of 35 degrees the whole time during the day! HOT.
Well, back to packing. First time I'll actually have to bring an extra bag to help handle all the extras!
Sunday, July 09, 2006
It's Jet time!
Posted by
Matt
at
1:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment