Saturday, April 01, 2006

Flying, I can barely recall what that's like...

Thank god I'm on Salary. I haven't touched the controls of a plane since my 5 day crazy stint earlier in the month. I then went on my scheduled 3 days off. Then had 12 days on call. I'm now on the night of my 11th day of no flying!

Tomorrow is day 12, there's nothing on the books for me and then the next day I'm back on scheduled days off! And even better, is that we've now transitioned into a 12 on and 4 off schedule. So I'm going to have Monday thru Thursday off. That means that if I manage to get a flight on Friday, and that is best case scenario, I will not have touched a plane in 19 days!

I'm going insane! I've been playing a lot of poker and going for a lot of coffee, some long drives, playing with Mike's pocket bike. Always attached to the Blackberry, hoping that it will buzz away with someone informing me of a flight... but to no avail!

So, not like I need the days off, but at least I can put the Blackberry down and have a beer with dinner and not have to worry about work.

So for the majority of this month, I've been paid to kill time. :) Now for all of you out there that might be saying, "wish I had that kind of job", it's all fine and dandy, but I need the flight hours to further my career! This dry spell of a slow flying schedule with an overage of pilots is just not conducive to my career advancement! Here's hoping for some work!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt!
It's Garmy!
Based on your MSN name - i figured you had a lot of time on your hands to be playing poker so often. Here, we haven't touched cards and chips for the past 3 months at least! I'm watching games on TV but still it's not the same.

Besides itching to fly and playing poker, how are you? Have you been talking to anybody in Richmond and keeping up with the Richmond news? lol.

Oh yeah, you probably know this already..but guess what? the Christian Dior Cosmetics count in the Calgary Bay store was robbed. Some guy came up to the counter (with a gun) and demanded all the cash. He got away with about $25 and a lot of change. Don't ask me why I told you this...guess i'm just bored right now..lol

Anyways, talk to you later!
Garmy

Anonymous said...

Hey Garmy,

I've been chatting with the odd folk on MSN, but haven't heard of any GRAND news (if there is any to be had).

As for myself, pretty much everything that's been happening to me worth mentioning ends up on this blog. As a matter of fact, I sense a post coming on very soon. As in I'll likely write it after I've finished this comment!

Oh, and I hadn't heard about the robbery. Crazy!

Anonymous said...

All you need is
1. love
2. a webcam
3. LETTERS and envelopes

You get:
Roomate 1 hearing you thru the walls
Roomate 2 (2 floors above) cant sleep

and in the morning:
Roomates retriving messages on machines and their webcam with raised eyebrows ;)

...In the name of love, one night in the name of love...

...Love makes us act like we are fools, throw our lives away, for one happy day...


ahhhh the love of drinking :D