Monday, March 27, 2006

341st out of 571

At least I lasted the first hour! And did better than 3 of the poker pro's that were playing in the same tourney.

If you haven't guessed it yet, I didn't do so well in my big poker game. Ended up going out on a hand that I knew I didn't have the best hand with, but with so many of my chips already in the middle I stupidly called. I had KQ and the flop came Q rag rag with 2 diamonds. 3 guys in it, I'm in the middle position when it gets checked to me, I bet the pot up and get called by the guy behind me, and then the guy in first position goes all in. I stupidly called and I KNEW he had trips. Bah, I would have had a pretty small stack had I just folded there, I guess that was my rational. But I should have dropped the cards and tried to build back up with my small stack instead of hoping to beat this guy.

Of course now the other dude is out of the hand and it's just me and the first position better. Cards get flashed, he has tripped 7's and now I need a Q to save me. It doesn't come. So I'm out... in 341st place. About 281 spots away from the money! :)

I'll continue to play these feeder tourney's to get into this big games and I'm quite confident I'll start placing in the money. At these levels, even the crappy pay levels are still not much less than $400.

No comments: