Saturday, August 13, 2005

NAT Attack!

I had a visitor in Calgary this past set of days off. Just after returning home from Wyoming, the next day Natalie arrived at the Calgary airport for a 3 day visit! She had spent the last couple of weeks in Vancouver and was on her way home to Toronto when she took a small detour and came to visit.

Unfortunatley the weather was not it's best. Rainy and cold when she arrived. But we attempted to make the best of it. As she entered the house it was only then that she recalled that we have 3 cats, and only then that I found out she was allergic!!! Oh boy. Luckily it didn't kill her, but certainly added a little complexity to the trip. She was sniffling most of the time in the house.

Here's proof she actually did visit.. see, Calgary in the background!


The second day we took a day trip out to Banff! It had been a while since I had gotten to drive for more than a few mins, so I enjoyed the drive out there immensely, especially as you start to get closer and closer to the Rocky Mountains... some great views to be had!


We did the tourist thing and checked out a good chunk of the sites... the bow river falls here where pretty darn cool:


The nicest hotel in all of Banff is the Banff Springs Hotel (a Fairmont Hotel) quite the place I tell ya. There was a big premiere conference going on at the same time, we didn't see any of the premiere's but did see a lot of the media covering the events. Here's me in front of this posh Banff resort:


Later that night upon our arrival back into Calgary we headed off to the airport to see what it is I do here in Calgary. We went and checked out one of our airplanes that was parked outside on the tarmac. Checked out the posh interior's.. played with some of the bells and whistles (and very loud warning annoucements of which I'm sure Nat can attest to). Here's Nat posing with one of our planes (perhaps a new employee??)


We hung out at the house at night, drank a little booze as it is one of the few times I'm able to drink (on days off) and watched one of her favorite movies that I've been hearing so much about over the years... "Newsies". Not a bad flick, an older Disney musical that she has fallen in love with due to one cast member in particular.. :)

Then on the day of her departure we shopped around for some cheap booze for her to take back to Ontario and took a little cruise around the outskirts of Calgary. My house is right up in the far north of Calgary and therefore it only takes a couple of minutes worth of driving to reach the city limits, and then the prairies begin.

It was great to see her as it had been a long time, and later last night she was back on a plane Toronto bound.

So... when are the rest of you buggers gonna come and visit!?!? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, been awhile since i've "seen" Natalie. How is she? How are you?

Visit? Are you gonna come and pick us up? In that case, sure we'll visit!~!~

Anonymous said...

Nat: It's monday and I still cant breathe. Starting to think I caught a cold. Friggin cold Calgary! Returning home after three weeks away with a cold is interesting hahaha... if other ppl get colds they will blame me now :S

You guys should go to Calgary and meet his roomate Mike. THEY LOOK ALIKE, brother-alike... except Matt has the long eyelashes.

And... we took wrx for a ride and I realized that 175 is kinda fast... for an altima at least haha.

Had fun, thanks! John/Cindy should've come!! As for the rest of you in BC, should check out hike up Garibaldi, it's a sweet ass view up top. Ask John!!