I've become sick with this nasty cold that has been circulating around the company. I managed to fend it off for quite some time, but eventually it was inevitable. Especially considering both my roommates have had it.
I have returned from my 5 days in Winnipeg. It was less that thrilling there, we had copious amounts of snow falling from the sky while I was there. Completely burying the sidewalks, so it was impossible to walk anywhere, and the hotel wasn't really close to anything. So I was pretty much held up in the hotel for all 5 days. I was going a little stir crazy by the end of it, but not a bad little trip.
My New Year's celebration was non-existent. I actually slept thru it! I meant just to have a nap and woke up at 1:30am Winnipeg time. What a let down! Oh well...
On the Monday the other captain met me in Winnipeg and we flew to Kenora, ON to pick up our clients and fly them back into Calgary. I tried to take pictures the whole time we were there, but we were pretty rushed. There was quite a bit of snow around those parts too. I did manage to snap a couple of pictures of the flight home. Nothing special as the sun was setting quickly.
Now back in the office in the middle of my 5 nights. Quite busy in here too.
Today Robin Williams arrived at the Calgary Airport and used the same facilities we do. I wasn't here at the time but quite a few people were able to see him and joke around with him. A very stand up individual from what I hear. He was very generous with the tipping and insisting on loading his own luggage into his waiting towncar. =D
Well, back to the grind for me. Gotta try and get over this sore throat too... it's killing me!
Thursday, January 06, 2005
It was bound to happen... cough.. cough..
Posted by
Matt
at
10:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment