Saturday, October 30, 2004

Daylight Savings: Good for you, BAD for me!!

While most of you are getting the opportunity to get an extra hour of sleep tonight, I'm in about the only position that is not benifiting from this glorious event. You see, I'm working a night shift tonight. So when the clock strikes 02:00, the magic of daylight savings will rewind time back to 01:00!

And this is a weekend shift, which spans 12hrs... so tonight will actually be a 13hr shift!! And then thanks to the glorious thing called "Salary" I wont be seeing any extra dimes as a result. Oh well... can't win them all I suppose.

I notice a couple of comments have surfaced.. thanks Garmy and the mystery typer... please, if you're going to leave a comment, leave a name at the end of it!! Otherwise I don't know who it is.

Brrr... it's getting cold tonight.. might just snow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY hear you on the salary thing. I work like a dog for probably the same amount of pay that a dog would make should it care to enter the workforce.

I haven't seen much on this site for a while, so I guess that means that you're busy. That's good, right?

I had a chance to ride in a helicopter for 7 hours a couple weeks ago. The people I was riding with said that I better take Gravol before the flight because most male passengers end up woofing their cookies about halfway through the day. Other than scaring me (I was never sick, thank god) at the start of the trip, the ride was quite pleasant and I got to see many part of Vancouver from a very low altitude.

Other than that, I'm pretty boring. Just work and school to report. I don't even have any "kids tried to blow up my car on halloween with fireworks" or "mysterious truck threw a rock at my windshield" stories. Oh well.

Good luck with the f-ing cold Calgary winter and keep in touch,
Ian.